Post-Election Virtual Gathering
This has been an unpredictable, exhausting time for all of us. There is an overwhelming sense of uncertainty amplified by the pandemic, and yet a growing social movement offers glimmers of hope and inspiration. Whatever Tuesday's results may be, we recognize that being present for each other in a creative environment will be necessary. We invite the Armory community to join us for a lightly moderated hour of sharing, listening, and being present with Armory community members.
The hour will begin with a drawing exercise from Armory Teaching Artist Jocelyn Casas she hopes will help you start "thinking about self care as a revolutionary act in times of uncertainty."
|Join via Zoom
11/5/20 at 5:00 PM PST
This evening's gathering will adhere to the following guidelines to insure a healthy, welcoming, and productive evening:
- Be present.
- Share the space.
- Allow others to finish speaking.
- Respect other experiences.
- Honor confidentiality.
- Listen to understand, even if you disagree.
- Use “I” statements and speak from your experiences.
- Stay open to other points of view.
- Stay on topic.
- Welcome positivity, generosity, laughter, and constructive critique.
- Be aware of power dynamics and hold yourself accountable.
- Be aware that biases influence perspective.
- Acknowledge your privilege.
- Own your mistakes, your intentions, and your impact.
- Appreciate and honor silence.
Image: Detail of Heart Drawing Activity by Milly J. Correa