The following guidelines have been implemented to keep staff and visitors as safe as possible.
Please stay home if you have cough, chills, diarrhea, vomiting, sore throat, fever (100° or higher), shortness of breath, headache, muscle pain, or loss of taste or smell.
- Are masks mandatory?
- What kind of masks are acceptable for visiting the Armory?
- What if I forget my mask when I arrive at the Armory?
- Will you be taking my temperature when I arrive at the Armory?
- Are COVID-19 vaccinations mandatory?
- Do I need to show proof that I'm vaccinated?
- Do children need to be vaccinated?
- Are there any exceptions to the vaccination requirement?
- Where can I wash my hands? May I use the restroom?
- Do you offer hand sanitizer?
- What are the COVID prevention steps that the Armory is taking?
- What kind of air filtration is at the Armory?
- How frequently is the facility cleaned?
- Additional Resources
- Yes. Regardless of vaccination status, all visitors and staff must wear masks in the building.
- The Armory building is used by a diverse group of people, from older adults to children, not all of whom are eligible to receive vaccines. Thus we appreciate your compliance with our mask-wearing guidelines. Cloth masks or face coverings must be worn over the nose and mouth at all times, by all visitors (children under 2 are exempt), and by all staff members, except when eating or drinking. Based on guidance from health authorities, masks with exhalation valves, vents, or holes of any kind are not acceptable face coverings.
- We provide disposable three-layer masks for those who need them.
- We ask you to verify that you have no Covid symptoms. We are not taking temperatures at this time.
Yes. For the safety and well-being of the entire community, Armory Center for the Arts requires, with few exceptions, that all staff, students, and visitors be vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus before they will be allowed in an Armory facility, exhibit space, classroom, or office.
Yes. Individuals will be required to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination. The following are acceptable as proof of full vaccination:
Vaccination card (which includes the name of the person vaccinated, type of COVID-19 vaccine provided, and date the last dose was administered, which must be at least two weeks prior to entry.
A photo or copy of the vaccination card as a separate document
A photo of the vaccine card stored on a phone or electronic device
Documentation of full vaccination from a healthcare provider
Yes. Children age 12 and up need proof of vaccination, too. See above for acceptable types of proof. Children who are not eligible to be vaccinated because of age restrictions for vaccination must be always masked.
Yes. This policy allows for medical exemptions consistent with CDC guidance and manufacturer labeling on contraindications and precautions. In addition, staff and students will also be eligible to request accommodations based on disability or religious belief, and deferrals are available for those who are pregnant. Those with approved exemptions, accommodations or deferrals may enter the Armory facility with the expectation that they will remain masked in all public settings and comply with an agreed upon testing plan.
- A designated women's restroom as well as a lockable, all-gender restroom can be found just past our front entrance, to the right. Each restroom has one ADA-compatible stall, and each is equipped with an infant changing station.
- Yes. A touchless, automatic hand sanitizer dispenser is located at the entrance of the building.
- Visitor and staff capacity is reduced and controlled in the building.
- Armory maintenance staff clean common areas and disinfect high-touch surfaces, including door handles, on a frequent basis.
- Practice frequent hand sanitizing and washing. Hand sanitizer units are stationed throughout the building.
- Touchless paper towel dispensers have been installed in all restrooms.
- All HVAC filters have been upgraded to MERV-13, the highest-rated filter that our system can accommodate.
- Our HVAC system currently uses MERV-13 rated filters, the most efficient air filter that our system can accommodate. The building's HVAC system was assessed in April 2021 and reported to be in good working order. The Armory maintains regularly scheduled air filter change-outs and system maintenance.
- The building is thoroughly cleaned on a regular schedule by our janitorial staff.
- Full daily cleaning and disinfection four times per week in the early morning with high touch points cleaned a second time during operating hours.
If the activity in the building increases then high touchpoints will be cleaned every 2 -3 hours. Disinfectants used are on the EPA's approved list for use against SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19).